These firmware updates improved the AF focus accuracy and stability of the adapter, highly recommend for all users.
Common update for EF/FX and EF/GFX adapter
1) Updated Lens AF driving mechanism, improve the AF locking rate and accuracy.
2) Updated Lens IS driving mechanism, eliminate IS activation noise of some EF lenses
3) Fixed a program bug, reduce the chance of camera LCD black out.
EF/FX PDAF performance update for below lenses
Sigma 105 f/1.4 ART
Tamron SP 45 f/1.8 Di VC USD
Tamron 100-400 f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD
For EF/FX firmware download, please visit here.
For EF/GFX firmware download, please visit here.
- Support Nikon AF-S G and E type lens, and AF-P G type lens contrast based AF in GFX 50s body.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm of type E Lens can be controlled by GFX 50s body, allows AF in full open ( decided by camera body ) and step down for exposure.
- Diaphragm of G type lens was manually controlled by aperture ring of adapter in real-time, so AF is conducted in real effective aperture as exposure. AF performance may be bad in low light/contrast, benefits are 1) Real aperture priority, 2) and totally no noise of consistent IRIS moving.
- Full EXIF info recording. ( For G type lens, only the current max open aperture was displayed and recorded, no way to adjust it ).
- Lens VR was support and effective on demand.
FX mount version adapter is in design phase, maybe with better performance of PDAF and auto aperture control version for your choice.
Support to AF-D type lens will be very limited, EXIF may works, but no AF absolutely.
For both EF/FX and EF/GFX, followings were updated:
1) Lens Image Stabilizer activation mode change: From always on after camera powered on to effective only when shutter button was half pressed and camera exposing.
2) Solved the problem that sometimes lens was identified as wrong lens.
3) Improve AF accuracy for all lenses, and AF speed for Canon EF 100-400 lenses
4) Disable lens parking in infinity end if an AF lens is set to MF mode during picture reviewing or camera powered off.
Additionally for EF/FX only:
5) PDAF performace update for
EF 35mm f/1.4L II
EF 50mm f/1.2L ,
EF 50mm f/1.4
EF 85mm f/1.2L II
For details , refer to here.
It’s a bug fix release to 2.02, corrected the wrong lens info setting for zooming lenses, we are very sorry for that.
Please visit here for downloading.
For EF/FX , updated PDAF performance for dozens of EF lenses, updated lens capability and adapter stability.
For EF/GFX, added support of “35mm Format Mode” support of GFX 50S 3.0 firmware release, and updated lens capability and adapter stability.
For details , refer to here.
Thanks for Patrick @ FUJI Rumors to let us know about it, there was a file name error in the firmware update script, now the firmware update package was fixed now, please try it again for Mac users.
For more info, please refer to here.
EF 35 F/1.4L I on X-E3
NOTE: AF-C can be used to improve the accuracy of focus locking.
EF 40 F2.8 STM on X-E3
EF 85 F/1.4 L IS on X-E3
EF 70-200 F/4.0 on X-E3
Sigma 135 F/1.8 ART on X-E3
Check it here.